Be a Volunteer & Join Team Meadows NYC!
We are looking for kind, eager, and able-bodied individuals that can work with others, have some fun, and earn a ticket to the Meadows NYC 2016!
What are the requirements of volunteers?
- All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age (by August 26th, 2016), no exceptions.
- There is a $30 non-refundable processing fee. You can expect to be accepted to the volunteer program.
- Besides the $30 fee, you will also be required to put down a deposit for the price of a 2-Day GA Ticket ($230) with a valid debit card or credit card. You will be required to pay the $260 deposit and nonrefundable fee at the time of registration.
- Once you have paid your deposit and are accepted and scheduled, you will be notified by email.
- The debit or credit card will be refunded the $230 within 30 days of the end of the festival as long as you complete your work requirements and follow all the volunteer rules. If you fail to complete the work requirements or fail to follow the volunteer rules, you will forfeit your deposit (essentially you will just end up paying for a ticket plus the processing fee).
- Volunteers must be on time to all assigned shifts.
- Volunteers are required to wear sturdy close-toed shoes to all shifts
- Absolutely no drugs or illegal substances of any kind will be tolerated on-site and you will be subject to the standard legal penalties for these offenses as well as lose your deposit.
- If you are caught drinking alcohol during your shift, stealing, or transferring your wristband, you will lose your deposit and your wristband will be deactivated.
- Volunteer tickets are non-transferrable
- You DO NOT need to separately purchase a ticket to be a volunteer. We will not reimburse any tickets purchased before you applied to volunteer.
- Social media posts regarding any backstage volunteer positions are strongly discouraged as we respect the privacy of our artists and working staff.
The Perks! - Each festival volunteer will receive:
- Access to both days of the festival
- Official Meadows NYC volunteer t-shirt
- An endless supply of high-fives!
More FAQs and Guidelines
- Volunteers should arrive for their shift 30 minutes prior to the shift start time so that they may be processed and dispatched.
- All volunteers must check out with the volunteer coordinator on duty after their shifts are completed each day to be eligible for the $230 deposit refund
- Volunteers must wear their Meadows NYC Volunteer T-shirt in an appropriate manner while working, and take it off when not working.
- Volunteers are responsible for their own transportation to and from Citi Field
WHAT IF I CANNOT MAKE IT?
If a volunteer cannot attend the event for any reason and has already completed the form with deposit, the volunteer must send in a cancellation email to email@example.com before Monday September 19, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. EST. All refunds related to cancellation, as well as a confirmed completion of the two 6-hour shifts, will be processed within thirty days after the festival. Please remember the $30 processing fee is non-refundable.
WHEN DO WE HAVE TO SHOW UP?
Check-in dates/times are as follows:
Day of Festival Volunteers will show up 30 minutes prior to shift time for attendance and dispatch.
WHEN DO I GET MY REFUND?
Refunds may take 7-10 days to show up on a volunteer's bank statement after they are processed. Please allow 30 days for the festival to process refunds. If a volunteer does not submit a cancellation email before Monday September 19, 2016, he/she agrees to be charged the full price of a 2-day general admission ticket for the 2016 Meadows Music & Arts Festival.
Volunteer positions are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If all positions are filled prior to Monday September 19, 2016 at 5:00 PM, we reserve the right to close the sign-up process and stop accepting requests. We will notify you if all positions are filled via email or www.themeadowsnyc.com. Make sure to get your application in early to ensure you get a spot!
All shift times are approximate and may vary. We will do our best to keep things fair and consistent; however, sometimes shift times and total work hours will not be the same for all volunteers. The key is to be flexible and willing to lend a hand!
Once you are accepted into the volunteer program, you will receive more specific information via e-mail about your volunteer assignment and work schedule.
WHAT IS THE SHIFT SCHEDULE FOR FESTIVAL VOLUNTEERS?
During Festival volunteers will be required to work 5 hours per shift and complete a total of 10 hours over the festival weekend. [Two 5-hour shifts] Please be prepared to work prior to festival doors opening.
WHAT TYPE OF JOBS / DEPARTMENTS COULD I BE WORKING IN?
There are a variety of different jobs and departments including visual design, decor, vendor assistance, catering, water-filling stations, VIP set-up and maintenance, and others.
Volunteers are on hand to help out when and where they are needed. You may end up getting pulled from one area and shifted to another based on our changing needs. The key is to be flexible and willing to lend a hand.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Sign up below!
Once you complete this information and agree to the required waiver, you will receive a confirmation email with your next step instructions.
Please make sure to check your spam mail and your promotions folders. The confirmation and receipt will be generated from the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
*If your question is not answered in this FAQ, please e-mail email@example.com. Please note that due to an overwhelming number of volunteer questions, we will not respond to a question if the answer to the question is in the FAQ above.
PLEASE PICK TWO SHIFTS
Sorry, there are not any shifts available online at this time.
Already volunteering? Click here to check your shifts.